Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Talkative Tuesday 1

Today's Talkative Tuesday Question:


Name one thing you always wanted to do, but haven't. What has prevented you from doing it?



The one thing I have always wanted to do would be to stand up for myself at all times. I have always had a hard time standing up for myself and what I want in life. There are times that I really want to stand up and make a change, but I have a hard time finding my inner voice and the courage to do so. I want to learn how to stand up for myself and what I want. Both being shy and having irrational fears have held me back from standing up and defending myself, as well as others. It is a constant battle for me and I would love to change this in my near future and am excited to do so.

                                                                                                             - Alexis


I have always wanted to have the courage to make the first move.  Whether it is with guys, even as small as talking with them in a social manner, or in a group setting, when decisions are being made.  I have found myself staying in the background and waiting for everything to happen around me, hoping they might ask my opinion in the matter, but not wanting to speak out.  As a result, I am either ignored or stuck with plans I may not like.  Granted, I've realized this is all my fault. Ha.  But it doesn't mean it doesn't affect me in any way.  I just have a feeling of being bothersome or that my attention is...unwanted?   Talking to guys? Yeah right.  Fugeddaboutit. Just the thought of going up to a guy and saying something is making me uncomfortable and question everything around me.  Crazy, right?  Yeah, I know. Guys really aren't that scary. That is, until you think they are attractive and you hope they might think you are something above pond scum, but aren't really sure.  People always say that half the time, the guy is thinking the same thing about you.  I don't believe that for a second!  Yeah, maybe 1 in every 50 guys I see might be thinking that.  But that's a lot of guys who probably aren't.  I've never been one of those girls that people look at and think "Dang, she's pretty and she has it all together."  True story. Those are the girls that guys talk to, interact with, and like.  So I've never felt like I... had a chance?  I don't know.  My mind loves to over think every little stinkin' thing and it really gets me in a tizzy.  Overanalyzer? Yup, that's me.  But hopefully, over the course of the next few months and this blog, things will change and you'll read about me going up to a guy first!

                                                                                                              - Jess



We hope you enjoyed reading our answers.  If any of you feel like sharing your thoughts and/or answers for our Talkative Tuesday question, please feel free to do so!  Answer with whatever comes to mind first. A personal internal struggle, a vacation you've always wanted to take, having the courage to say no to someone, anything at all! 

We'll leave you with some wise words.

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” 

                                                                                                    ― 
E.E. Cummings

Soundtrack:
  • Would You Go With Me-Josh Turner
  • Wagon Wheel- Darius Rucker
  • Troubadour- George Strait











No comments:

Post a Comment