Monday, February 24, 2014

A Wise Man Once Said

Johnny Depp says "You can close your eyes to what you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to what you don't want to feel."

Now, more than ever, in my life, I feel like I close my eyes to stop feeling, but all I find myself doing is not seeing. I try to close my life off when I shut my eyes, I try to stop it all. Yet, what I really stop is the seeing, but I keep on feeling.  I can't close my heart of stop it from feeling the pain.

More often than not, I skip out on life, so I don't have to feel or see.  But let me tell you, it still hurts.  I'm not even sure which hurts more, knowing that I am standing outside the fire of life (thank you, Garth) or that risking it all and jumping in can be exhilarating.  But if I do that, I run the risk of being burned.

My life has been turned upside down, sideways, and thrown off a cliff in the last few months.  I notice now, more than ever, that my anxiety has grown and grown.  I've stopped seeing. I don't go on Facebook, I don't text my friends, I've stopped riding, and yet, I keep feeling.  They just don't stop  I can close my eyes to my life, but my heart keeps beating, pumping blood and oxygen, and it keeps right on feeling.

Jessi approached me and asked me to do a blog together.  She asked me to be a part of her life and she asked me to help her heal.  I agreed.  I opened my eyes and decided I can't keep walking blindly and hating life, and by life I mean the small existence I had become.  That I have to make a change and I am the only one who can.

So I agreed.  I agreed to start seeing again. To stop hating what I feel and instead, learn to just feel it and learn to live with it.  Lately, I've been so angry and torn, sad and broken, but she makes it okay to feel all of that.  But what is even better is that I get wonderful company, great pictures, and someone else who has tried for too long to close their eyes and stop the feeling.  I know in the next few weeks, my world can be turned upside down with news of my horse. But I now know that I can feel everything, survive, and not be alone in doing so.


-Alexis

Has this quote ever spoken to you? Has it ever made you feel so strongly and made you want to reply? Or any quote for that matter. If you have a quote that has spoken to you, please share it with us! We would love to hear back!

We'll leave you with some wise words.


"You can close your eyes to what you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to what you don't want to feel."
- Johnny Depp 

Soundtrack
  • Water- Brad Paisley
  • Running Out Of Moonlight- Randy Houser
  • Til My Last Day- Justin Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment