Friday, May 2, 2014

Assuming? Please Don't.

There aren't too many things in this world that seriously irk me personally. Sure, there are people that get on my nerves or  things that happen in society that I severely dislike and wish didn't happen. But the stuff I take personally is when someone just assumes something about my life or assumes they're better than me. Yes. I take that personally and I find it hard to just let it roll off my back. 

This is something I've found my whole life .  When people look at me, they don't see someone who commands attention or someone who looks like they've been around the world and back.  I don't flaunt my education degrees, I don't value my life on how much money I make. I guess I appear naive and sometimes stupid, but I'm not. When I talk to people, I'd rather assume they know what I'm talking about or are on some equal level, than just decide that I'm the smarter one or I'm the one that is more important. 

I can't tell you how that rags on my self esteem and self image. Because 'you' seem to think that I am to be treated as some one lower than you doesn't make it true. I've been quite a few places and I have raised quite a few animals and I read a helluva lot. There's quite a bit more information in my noggin than the rest of the world thinks. 

Give me a chance to ask you if I don't know or, in the very least, don't talk down to me. There isn't anything else in the world that makes me view you as ignorant or self righteous as talking down to me does. And let me tell you, that drops you on the kind if person I may have thought you were and I stop giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

I don't know. My posts are usually a little bit more cheerful than this. Or at least, a little less directive. I am not aiming this at you guys, as the readers. "You" was meant more as a way for me to get my frustration out, speaking to those people who have come into and out of my life who just assume. Don't people know what is said?  Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Duh. Haha. 

I hope this entry wasn't too Bleegh. But this blog is all about us and what we deal with on a daily basis. Let us leave you with some wise words. 

"Never assume people's motives. It's the easiest way to find yourself upset over nothing, or misjudging people." 

                                                  - Lecrae


Soundtrack. 
•  Walk Away- The Script
• Up On The Ridge- Dierks Bentley
• Can't You See- Waylon Jennings 

No comments:

Post a Comment