Monday, March 10, 2014

I Choose To Stand By Me

Here I am sitting here, another day, another incident, another time that I find myself judged and trying to explain myself. Constantly we, as humans, are judged. "Oh, she's fat." or "Oh, she's fit." , we are judged both ways. We are told what perfection is and how to or not to achieve it. But when it comes to our own lives, why is it that we are constantly judged for every one of our decisions, no matter how right or wrong they really are? 

I choose-what brutal thing to do in life.

I choose to be fit. With that choice, I get it both ways. I am either not fit enough, or I get "You are so skinny why do you bother?". Why is this a constant question or debate? I choose to be fit for me, so why not be happy for me? It isn't hurting you.  You should either choose to be happy for me, as long as it is good for me and not harming, hurting, or endangering anyone or thing, or not concern yourself with my decisions. I never asked for your approval.

Recently I have been going through a difficult time with my horse.  He has sustained a long list of injuries in the recent months and I chose to get an MRI.  I can't even begin to tell you how I am judged both ways. It's either been people telling me 'it's excessive' or ' you're really not doing enough for him!'.  I followed through and got the MRI because it was my decision and I felt it was necessary. Many people were happy we could finally know what's going on with Kiss. Others thought it was excessive, that it was too much. But again, I sit here and ponder.  Why do I feel like I went to a party naked?  Why am I owning up to those who think I am wrong and not to those who think I am right? 





I texted Jess about a particular incident where someone had questioned my decisions for Kiss to a point that was down right mean. Who are they to decide if I am being right or wrong. To decide if I'm  doing good for him or bad? It's between me, God, and the vet. If God enables me to pay for his procedures, allows insurance to cover them, and the vet feels they are in his best interest, then I am going to proceed. I no longer want to own up to anyone other then my supporters. It has been a long time coming and I should no longer be hostage to those who can't support my choices. Especially when the decisions are good, make me happy, or are going to help something or someone I love. This is my life, not theirs.

With that I am to continuing to choose.  For too long I have been to afraid to stand by my choices. However, having been blessed with a friend whom has changed the tides of my life forever, I am starting to find an anchor in who I am and what I choose. Thank you Jess, for being a part of this gift of God, the opportunity to change my life. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this.  Both Jess and I have had some struggles with this, so I know I'm not alone in what I'm feeling and deciding.  Please let us know if you have ever had to make a decision like this and how you went through with it.



-Alexis  

We'll leave you with some wise words.


“Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice. You have the courage to go forward, that is rare. A person who stands at the fork, unable to pick, will never get anywhere.” 




- Terry Goodkind


Soundtrack


  • I Like It, I Love It- Tim McGraw
  • Drink, Swear, Steal, & Lie- Michael Peterson 
  • Muckalee Creek Water- Luke Bryan 

1 comment:

  1. You are the only one that has to wake up every morning and look in the mirror and the only one that has to live with the choices that you made, so make the choices that you feel are best and forget about everyone else. Too often, it it is too easy for people to point a finger and judge others rather than deal with their own lives. The only person you need to explain or justify your decisions to is you. As long as you can do that and are okay with it, you are golden!

    Magena-- Swap - by blog hop

    ReplyDelete